The medium was, of course, the 'mainstream' media.
I don't agree with all the conclusions, but the arguments put forward are thought-provoking.
"A deep, richly illustrated study of the nature and history of propaganda, featuring some of the world's most insightful critics".
- Mark Achbar; Film director; 'Manufacturing Consent', 'The Corporation'
"Psywar exposes the propaganda system, providing crucial background and insight into the control of information and thought."
- Kim Petersen, Dissident Voice
"An Important work"
- Russ Baker, Journalist, Author "Family of Secrets"
- Tom Feeley, Information Clearing House
"Encyclopedic and riveting"
- Stephen Marshall, Guerrilla News Network
- William Blum, journalist, Author 'Killing Hope'
"A Lucid and insightful study of the manipulation of public consciousness...Take heed."
- Michael Yates, Associate Editor, Monthly Review
"If it is your desire to understand how we are manipulated into believing the things we do -- watch this film. Every American should see it...for the sake of our future."
- Timothy Gatto, former Chairman, Liberal Party of America
- Beder, Sharon – Consumerism: an Historical Perspective
- Chomsky, Noam – What Makes Mainstream Media Mainstream
- Darwinia – WWI Propaganda
- Ewen, Stuart – Captains of Consciousness: Advertising and the Social Roots of the Consumer Culture
- Lazere, Donald – American media and mass culture
- Lutins, Allen – An Eclectic list of Events in US Labor History
- Millies, Stephen – The Ludlow Massacre and the Birth of Company Unions
- Parenti, Michael – Super-Patriotism
- Simpson, Christopher – The Science of Coercion
- Smith, Sharon – Subterranean Fire: A History of Working-Class Radicalism in the United States
- Snow, Nancy – Propagnda, Inc., Selling America's Culture to the World
- Stauber, John and Rampton, Sheldon – Weapons of Mass Deception: The Uses of Propaganda in Bush's War on Iraq ; Toxic Sludge is Good For You
- Tye, Larry – The Father of Spin: Edward L. Bernays; The Birth of PR
- Cinema shows the real story of Britain - Simon Heffer